Court of Appeal – Legal Assistance Clinic
The Court of Appeal is launching the Court of Appeal Legal Assistance Clinic, a project intended to offer assistance to litigants without a lawyer who wish to have some legal advice about their appeal. The Clinic will be located at the Supreme Court, General Division, 309 Duckworth Street, St. John's and offer an initial free 30 minute appointment with volunteer lawyers who practice in Newfoundland and Labrador. Depending on the nature of the issues involved and the needs that are identified, further assistance may be available.
The next Clinic will take place on Thursday, April 20, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM and several 30 minute appointments are available on a first-come first-served basis. If you would like some free legal advice on any issue connected to your appeal, please make an appointment by sending an email to email@example.com. See the following links for further information:
- Court of Appeal - Legal Assistance Clinic (161 KB)
- Court of Appeal - Legal Assistance Clinic Brochure (182 KB)
- Court of Appeal - Legal Assistance Clinic Media Release (June 9, 2016) (65 KB)
- Court of Appeal - Legal Assistance Clinic Media Release (July 19, 2016) (66 KB)
- Court of Appeal - Legal Assistance Clinic Media Release (August 05, 2016) (67 KB)